Friday, January 7, 2011

When Will We See You Again, Clive Pearse?

Designer and host Clive Pearse announced on his Facebook page today that he is no longer under contract to HGTV, and is looking for new opportunities.

Unless you haven't been watching HGTV you know Clive as the host of "Designed to Sell", the show that tells us all how to stage a property for sale.  In addition he has been the host of "Next Design Star" as well.  His excellent design sense, beautiful red hair and warm British accent always added style and class to whatever show he was presenting, as his wit and sense of humor charmed viewers nationwide.

As a designer I watch a fairly steady diet of HGTV so that I might know what information the public and my clients are getting.  I've been disappointed in their programming of late -- that they are moving too much to do-it-yourself projects and away from the good designing that they are capable of showing.  Parting ways with Clive Pearse is just another indication of lowering design standards.

I wish him well and hope we will see him again soon in another endeavor.

1 comment:

  1. I am surprised. I always enjoyed following him and his endeavors.

    ReplyDelete