Sunday, January 2, 2011

While I was going to write about color this week, I wasn't planning to start like this, but ...

I must admit that I am a huge football fan.  Watching Sunday evening's game between the Seattle Seahawks and the St. Louis Rams, as the designer that I am, I was again impressed by, would you believe, the Seahawks' colors.  By far and away, they have the best designed team colors in the NFL  What, am I crazy?

Have you ever crossed open waters in a ship on a foggy day?  In my experience there is very little that is more threatening.  Part of you knows there's nothing out there, except maybe another ship, or is there?  There's nothing to see except the flat gray of the fog, and the murky depths of the water, and what else?  There's no way to know what dangers lie just beyond your sight.  The quiet splashing of the water against the hull of the ship, and the intermittent foghorn are the only sounds. Spooky.

Kudos to the team's designers who captured the threatening gloom of the foggy day, coupled with the Native American seahawk symbol and the lightening bolt of lime green accents of the rain forest ground cover.  Intimidation by color, I love it!

Check out  these paint colors:  Sherwin Williams 6235 Foggy Day or Benjamin Moore 1650 Stillwater.  Not only good for the Seahawks, but also bed and bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment